Bolt pattern or lug pattern is the bolt configuration of an automobile’s wheel that attaches the wheel to the car. There are 4-, 5-, 6-, and 8-lug bolt patterns, but most factory wheels have 4 or 5 lugs. Bolt patterns can be expressed in millimeters or inches, but bolt pattern tools are always sold in millimeter sets. For example, a 4-lug bolt pattern tool will measure from the center of one lug to the outer edge of the lug farthest from it.
Most cars have either 4-lug or 5-lug wheels, so those are the two most common sizes of bolt pattern tools. There are also 6- and 8-lug versions available, though they’re less common. Various manufacturers make bolt pattern tools, but they all work in basically the same way. To use one, you’ll first need to know the size of your lug nuts (which is usually stamped on the side of the nut). Once you know that, you can select the appropriate tool.
Lug nut sizes are usually expressed in millimeters, so that’s what most bolt pattern tools are marked in. If your nuts are sized in inches, you can still use a millimeter-based tool; you just need to know how many millimeters there are per inch (25.4). For instance, if your lug nuts are 14mm x 1.5, that’s equal to 9/16 inch x 1.5 (14mm = 0.55 inch).
To use a bolt pattern tool, simply place it over the lugnut and trace around it. This will give you an accurate measurement of your Lug Bolt Pattern Circle Diameter (or BPCD). With this information, you can then determine what size wheels/tires will fit your car.
Why Wheel Bolt Pattern Tool Is Necessary?When it comes to wheels, the bolt pattern is one of the most important things to know. That’s because not all wheels are created equal – some will only fit certain vehicles. Bolt patterns can be 4-, 5-, 6-, or 8-lug, meaning that there are either four, five, six, or eight bolts around the circumference of the wheel. To make things even more confusing, some manufacturers use different names to refer to the same thing – for example, Chevy might call a 6-lug bolt pattern “5×5” while Ford refers to it as “5x135mm.” Knowing your vehicle’s bolt pattern is essential when shopping for new wheels because you need to make sure that they will fit your car or truck. The best way to do this is by using a best wheel bolt pattern tool like Lugide which allows you to input your vehicle information and then shows you a list of compatible wheels. You can also use Lugide’s Wheel Gallery feature to see how different types of wheels look on your ride before you buy them.
Our Top Picks For Best Wheel Bolt Pattern Tool
Best Wheel Bolt Pattern Tool Guidance
If you’re looking for an easy way to measure wheel bolt patterns, you’ll want to check out our selection of wheel bolt pattern templates. We have templates for American and import 4, 5, and 6 lug bolt patterns, as well as metric lug bolt patterns. Our templates are made from durable red plastic, and are clearly marked with the bolt pattern measurements. They’re easy to use, and make measuring wheel bolt patterns a breeze. Whether you’re working on a car, truck, or SUV, we have the right template for the job.
Common Questions on Set of WHEEL BOLT PATTERN TEMPLATE TOOLS Measure Guides American & Import 4 5 6 LUG• What is the bolt pattern of American and import cars? The bolt pattern is typically 4, 5, or 6 lug.
• What is the most important factor to consider when choosing a bolt pattern? The most important factor to consider when choosing a bolt pattern is the size of the lug bolts. You will also want to consider the style of the car and the type of tires you plan on using.
Why We Like This• 1. American & Import 4, 5, 6 lug templates• 2. SAE 5 lug template covers 4 1/4″ to 5 1/2″ bolt patterns• 3. Metric 5 lug template covers 100mm to 120mm bolt patterns• 4. Metric & SAE 4 lug template covers 98mm to 110mm and 4 1/2″ bolt patterns• 5. Metric & SAE 6 lug template covers 127mm and 5 1/2″ to 6 1/2″ bolt patterns
A wheel or rim PCD gauge is a handy tool for measuring the PCD (pitch circle diameter) of a car or wheel. Simply slide the caliper to match the wheel lug holes or wheel hub holes, and you will read the data in either metric or imperial. This gauge works with most 4, 5, 6, and 8 lug wheels. 4-lug: 4 x 100, 4 x 108, 4 x 110, 4 x 45″ (4 x 1143) 5-lug: 5 x 100, 5 x 105, 5 x 108, 5 x 110, 5 x 112, 5 x 45″ (5 x 1143), 5 x 115, 5 x 475″ (5 x 120), 5 x 50″ (5×127), 5 x 130, 5 x 135, 5 x 55″ (5 x 1397), 5 x 150, 5 x 1651 (5×65″) 6-lug: 6 x 45″ (6 x 1143), 6 x 50″ (6 x 127), 6 x 135, 6 x 55″ (6 x 1397) 8-lug: 8 x 65″ (8 x 1651), 8×170, 8×180, 8×200, 8
Common Questions on WHEEL CONNECT PCD Gauge，Wheel/Rim Bolt Pattern Measuring Tool, PCD Ruler, Sliding Caliper for 4 5 6 8 Holes• What is the best way to measure wheel bolt pattern? The best way to measure wheel bolt pattern is with a PCD gauge.
• What is the advantage of using a PCD gauge over other measuring devices? The PCD gauge is more accurate than other measuring devices, and it is also easier to use.
• How do you use a PCD gauge? First, you need to place the gauge on the wheel. Then, you need to slide the caliper until it is touching the inside of the wheel. After that, you need to repeat this process five times with different values.
Why We Like This• A handy tool for measuring the PCD data of the car and wheel• Slide the caliper to match the wheel lug holes or wheel hub holes• Read the data in Metric or Imperial• Works with most of 4, 5, 6, 8 lugs wheel• Made of high quality ABS hard plastic• A necessary tool for Tire and wheel stores, Car dealers, and anyone who likes to change wheels by him/herself
Additional Product Information
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use tool to measure your vehicle’s bolt pattern or wheel studs, the Topline Products Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge is a great choice. This gauge is made of high-quality plastic and is coated with a smooth, matte black finish. It’s lightweight and compact, making it easy to transport and store. The ergonomic design makes it easy to handle. To use, simply slide one end of the gauge into a lug hole and the other end into the lug hole that is directly across from it. Then review the aligning measurement. The PCD gauge tool also has a diagram printed on the front to illustrate how to measure. This tool provides accurate pitch circle diameter measurements in both inch and metric dimensions. It’s a great tool for both automotive shops and household DIY projects.
Common Questions on Topline Products Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge | 4 5 6 8 Lug | PCD Ruler | Sliding Measurement Tool• What is the Topline Products Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge? The Topline Products Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge is a measurement tool used to determine the bolt pattern of a wheel.
• How is the Topline Products Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge used? The Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge is placed on the wheel and the user slides the gauge along the wheel to measure the bolt pattern.
• What is the advantage of using the Topline Products Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge? The advantage of using the Topline Products Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge is that it is a more accurate way to measure the bolt pattern than other methods.
• How accurate is the Topline Products Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge? The Topline Products Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge is accurate to within 1/8th of an inch.
• What are the dimensions of the Topline Products Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge? The Topline Products Wheel & Stud Bolt Pattern Gauge is 2 inches wide and 5 inches long.
Why We Like This• Made of high quality plastic material• Lightweight and durable• Easy to use• Precise measurement• Ergonomic design
Additional Product Information
If you’re looking for an easy way to measure your vehicle’s lug bolt pattern, the GoldenSunny Wheel/Stud Bolt Pattern Measuring Tool is a great choice. This handy tool works with most 4, 5, 6 and 8 lug wheels, and provides both inch and metric dimensions. Simply place the tool over your wheel and determine the lug bolt pattern. The 4-lug version is great for 4×98, 4×100, 4×108, 4×120, 4×130, 4×140, and 4×45″ lug bolt patterns. The 5-lug version works with 5×100, 5×108, 5×112, 5×115, 5×130, 5×135, 5×150, 5×45″, 5×475″, 5×50″, and 5×55″ lug bolt patterns. The 6-lug version is perfect for 6×135, 6×45″, 6×50″, and 6×55″ lug bolt patterns. And the 8-lug version is ideal for 8×170, 8×65″ lug bolt patterns.
Common Questions on GoldenSunny Wheel/Stud Bolt Pattern Measuring Tool/PCD Ruler – 4 5 6 8 Holes Lug Bolt Pattern Gauge• What is the GoldenSunny Wheel/Stud Bolt Pattern Measuring Tool/PCD Ruler – 4 5 6 8 Holes Lug Bolt Pattern Gauge used for? The GoldenSunny Wheel/Stud Bolt Pattern Measuring Tool/PCD Ruler – 4 5 6 8 Holes Lug Bolt Pattern Gauge is used to measure the lug bolt pattern of a vehicle’s wheels.
• How is the GoldenSunny Wheel/Stud Bolt Pattern Measuring Tool/PCD Ruler – 4 5 6 8 Holes Lug Bolt Pattern Gauge used? The GoldenSunny Wheel/Stud Bolt Pattern Measuring Tool/PCD Ruler – 4 5 6 8 Holes Lug Bolt Pattern Gauge is placed on the ground near the wheel of the vehicle to be measured. The tool is then used to measure the distance between the lug bolts.
• What are the benefits of using the GoldenSunny Wheel/Stud Bolt Pattern Measuring Tool/PCD Ruler – 4 5 6 8 Holes Lug Bolt Pattern Gauge? The GoldenSunny Wheel/Stud Bolt Pattern Measuring Tool/PCD Ruler – 4 5 6 8 Holes Lug Bolt Pattern Gauge provides an accurate measurement of the lug bolt pattern of a
Why We Like This• Allows for quick and easy measurement of wheel/stud bolt patterns• Works with most 4, 5, 6, and 8 lug wheels• Provides inch and metric dimensions• Durable and easy to use• Great for both professionals and DIYers
If you’re looking for an easy and accurate way to determine your 5 lug bolt pattern, then you need a Johnson Trailer Parts 5 Lug Bolt Pattern Template. This laminated paper template is perforated for easy popping out of all the holes, and includes guides for 5 on 4 1/2″, 5 on 4 3/4″, 5 on 5″, and 5 on 5 1/2″ bolt patterns. Simply line up the template over your wheel’s bolt holes or slide it over the lug bolts, and the hole markings will let you know which pattern you have. No more guessing or trial and error–get the right information the first time with this helpful tool.
Common Questions on Johnson Trailer Parts 5 Lug Bolt Pattern Template• What is the Johnson Trailer Parts 5 Lug Bolt Pattern Template? The Johnson Trailer Parts 5 Lug Bolt Pattern Template is a tool used to mark the bolt pattern on trailer hubs. It is used to ensure that the bolts are spaced correctly when installing the trailer wheels.
• How do you use the Johnson Trailer Parts 5 Lug Bolt Pattern Template? To use the template, first determine the center of the hub. Then, position the template so that the center mark is over the center of the hub. Once in position, draw around the template to mark the bolt pattern onto the hub.
• What is the advantage of using the Johnson Trailer Parts 5 Lug Bolt Pattern Template? The Johnson Trailer Parts 5 Lug Bolt Pattern Template helps ensure that the bolts are spaced correctly when installing the trailer wheels. This prevents problems such as the wheels coming loose or the bolts stripping out.
• Where can I purchase the Johnson Trailer Parts 5 Lug Bolt Pattern Template? The Johnson Trailer Parts 5 Lug Bolt Pattern Template is available at most trailer parts stores. It can also be purchased online.
• How much does the Johnson Trailer Parts 5 Lug Bolt Pattern Template cost? The
Why We Like This• 1. This template is made out of laminated paper.• 2. The holes easily pop out on the perforated lines.• 3. It includes: 5 on 4 1/2″, 5 on 4 3/4″, 5 on 5″, 5 on 5 1/2″.• 4. It eliminates the need to guess which 5 lug bolt pattern your wheel or hub is.• 5. The holes are clearly marked on the template.
Additional Product Information
Benefits of Wheel Bolt Pattern ToolWheel bolt pattern tool is very beneficial especially if you own a car. It helps you to know the perfect wheel bolt pattern for your car. In addition, it also helps you determine the right size and type of wheel for your car. This is because; the wheel bolt patterns are different for every car model. Thus, with this tool, you can save time and money by choosing the right wheel for your vehicle without any guessing work.
Buying Guide for Best Wheel Bolt Pattern ToolIf you’re in the market for a wheel bolt pattern tool, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind to ensure you find the best one for your needs. Here are some tips: – First, consider what kind of vehicle you have and what size wheels you’ll be using the tool on. This will help narrow down your choices. – Secondly, take into account what kind of features you’re looking for in a wheel bolt pattern tool. Some models offer more features than others, so decide which ones are most important to you. – Finally, read reviews of different wheel bolt pattern tools before making your final decision. This will help you get an idea of how well each model performs in real-world conditions.
Frequently Asked Question
1) What is the best wheel bolt pattern tool for your vehicle?
There is no definitive answer for this question as there are a variety of wheel bolt pattern tools available on the market. Some of the factors you may want to consider when choosing a wheel bolt pattern tool for your vehicle include the specific bolt pattern for your vehicle, the size and type of bolts being used, and the overall design of the tool.
2) What is the best way to measure bolt patterns?
There are a few ways to measure bolt patterns, but the most common and accurate way is to use a bolt pattern gauge.
3) How do you determine the correct bolt pattern for your wheels?
The correct bolt pattern for your wheels can be determined by measuring the distance between the bolt holes and comparing it to a chart.
4) What is the best way to avoid damage when installing or removing wheels?
When installing or removing wheels, it is best to avoid damage by using a lugnut wrench or socket that fits snugly onto the lugnuts. It is also important to make sure that the vehicle is properly supported so that the weight of the vehicle is not resting on the wheels.
5) What are the most common bolt patterns?
The 5 bolt patterns that are most common are 4×4.5, 4×4.6, 5×4.5, 5×4.6, and 6×5.5.